First impressions count, right? Do you want to make a great first impression when you meet new people while you’re out and about?
The best way is to keep your car clean, shiny, and bug free. You know those cars that are always so dirty that a good rain is actually helpful? Don’t have one of those cars. If your car is always clean and shiny, just like new, you will be much happier, and feel more confident.
Not only that, but you’ll benefit financially when you get ready to trade up. A car that has been kept clean all along will always look better than a car given a quick clean before trading it in. At Baldwin Woodville Insurance, we know the benefits of keeping a clean car, especially during summer driving in Wisconsin and Minnesota.
Here are 5 simple tips to keeping your car exterior clean:
- Wash your car on a regular basis, and then again when necessary. How often depends on your circumstances. What’s important is that you keep on schedule. Your winter schedule may be different. You want to get off the scum from the salted roads, but don’t ever wash your car when it’s below freezing. Why? Try it once, and then try to open your car door when you get home.
- You will not get all the bugs off just by washing your. But there’s a simple hack for that. Just use a fabric softener dryer sheet dipped in warm water. It’s like magic. Make this a regular part of washing your car during Wisconsin or Minnesota summers.
- Wax your car once a month when you get it washed. This, in addition to regular washing, will help prevent your car from getting rusty. Another way to keep the value up, and look good.
- Don’t forget to take care of the windshield. After every car wash, apply Rain-X to your windshield. This will help keeping it clean, and increase your safety when you drive in a Chippewa Valley thunderstorm. At the same time, clean the windshield wipers with rubbing alcohol. This will prevent streaking on your windshield.
- Finally, keep your car in a garage whenever possible. The benefits to this are obvious. No worries about hail damage, bird droppings, or stray baseballs. The added benefit is that your car interior won’t be too hot in the summer, or too cold in the winter.
If you need any further advice on how to keep your car in the best position for a good trade in or resale value, feel free to contact your Baldwin Woodville agent today.
If you’re interested in keeping the inside of your car clean, see our post: 5 Simple Ways to Keep Your Car Clean – Interior.