Have you just gotten the interior of your car detailed? Well, if not, maybe you should. At Baldwin Woodville Insurance, we know the value of a clean car.
Keeping your car clean is beneficial for a number of reasons. First, the look and smell of a clean car will refresh you each time you hop in. Second, you won’t be embarrassed if your boss or the cute new neighbor need to ride in your car. Finally, looks matter when you get ready to upgrade and trade your car in.
Now, how do you keep your car fresh and clean? It will involve a little work on your part, but if you maintain the cleanliness, you might not have to shell out for another full detailing job.
Here are 5 simple ways to keep your car (or minivan, or SUV) interior clean, looking and smelling new:
- Don’t eat or drink in the car. You may think you can pull it off. But remember how those cup holders looked before the detailing? Right. Just avoid it.
- Shake the floor mats out regularly. Every time you go to the car wash, pull them out and give them a good vacuuming, along with the rest of the interior. Those little rocks and leaves that your shoes carry in start looking messy after a couple of weeks.
- Keep a trash bag and backseat activity bag in your car. You can use a nice looking bag for trash, because you’re not eating in the car, so you don’t have dripping, greasy trash. Fill the activity bag up with interesting things for any kids riding in your car. This will help them forget how hungry they are, what with the no eating rule.
- Use seat covers f you have a dog riding with you. There are special seat covers made just for that occasion. Another good use for them is with children, because even though they are enthralled with their activity bag and not eating, they’re just messy.
- Finally, because we know that you are eventually going to eat in your car, keep a magic eraser and gentle cleanser in the glove box or trunk, and clean up spills as soon as they happen. Also keep cleansing wipes to rub down the surfaces when they start getting dusty.
If you have any questions about how the interior cleanliness of your car might affect it’s value, give your Baldwin Woodville agent a call, and he or she will be happy to discuss it with you. Happy driving.
If you’re interested in keeping the outside of your car clean, see our post: 5 Simple Ways to Keep Your Car Clean – Exterior.